Thursday, October 24, 2013

Feel it in Your Bones, Acrylic on Panel, 10x8

I submitted this to Cottonwood's Dia de los Muertos Show. I won't know if i made the cut until the show opening tomorrow. There was already some great stuff there when I dropped it off, but the person I talked to sounded like they wanted to get in as much as they could. So, fingers crossed.

This painting took me a while to complete. Everything I have created until now has been based on a photograph and this I had to completely make up. Thank goodness for Flickr and Google image search. I was able to reference several photos of candles and other Dia de los Muertos designs to pull it together. Along with fine art, I've been interested in illustration for quite a while and it is something I hope and plan to do in the future, so this is the first step for me.



It was a fun challenge and process I will continue to work on. 



Thanks to Chelle and the kids for the title.


No comments:

Post a Comment